Effective Date: June 15, 2021
You may not otherwise use, reproduce, download, store, post, broadcast, transmit, modify, sell or make available to the public content from the Website without the prior written approval of SunStyle.
Information we collect
The personal information that you are asked to provide, and the reasons why you are asked to provide it, will be made clear to you at the point we ask you to provide your personal information.
When you contact us through the Website’s Get Started, Contact or Contact Us page, we may collect your name, email address, phone number, the contents of the message and/or attachments you may send us, and any other information you may choose to provide.
When you decide to make a purchase of our products and services, we may collect your name, address, email address, phone number, the length and width of your home, how many stories your home has, total square footage, roof square footage, current monthly electric bill, the goal of your purchase and any other information you may choose to provide.
When you register for an account, we may ask for your contact information, such as name, company name, address, email address, and phone number.
Information Collected Automatically
Information about your computer hardware and software may automatically be collected by SunStyle when you use the Website. SunStyle follows a standard procedure of using log files. These files log visitors when they visit websites. The information collected by log files include internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet Service Provider (ISP), date and time stamp, referring/exit pages, and possibly the number of clicks. These are not linked to any information that is personally identifiable. The purpose of the information is for analyzing trends, administering and improving the Website, tracking users’ movement on the Website, and gathering demographic information. We collect this information using cookies, web beacons and other data collection tools.
Cookies, Web Beacons and other Data Collection Tools
For more general information on cookies, please read “What Are Cookies” from Cookie Consent.
Duration of Cookies
We may use “session cookies” or “persistent cookies.” Session cookies are temporary and expire once you close your browser or once your session ends. Persistent cookies remain on your device for much longer or until you or your browser erase them. Persistent cookies have varying durations that are dependent on their expiration date.
How You May Control Cookies
You can choose to disable cookies through your individual browser options. To know more detailed information about cookie management with specific web browsers, it can be found at the browsers’ respective websites. Please note that if you block certain cookies, some of the Website’s functionality may not work properly.
Advertising Partners Privacy Policies
How we use your information
We use the information we collect in various ways, including to:
- Provide, operate, and maintain our Website
- Improve, personalize, and expand our Website
- Understand and analyze how you use our Website
- Develop new products, services, features, and functionality
- Fulfil your requests, such as those related to purchasing, including, but not limited to, providing you with a general estimate of how much solar energy your roof could produce and a personalized solar plan
- Provide you with advertisements and information about products and services that we may provide that we think may be of interest to you
- Communicate with you, either directly or through one of our partners, including for customer service, to provide you with updates and other information relating to the Website, and for marketing and promotional purposes
- Find and prevent fraud.
Sharing of Information
- With Third Party Service Providers Performing Services on Our Behalf. We may share your personal information with our service providers to perform the functions for which we engage them. For example, we may use third parties to host the Website or assist us in providing functionality on the Website, provide data analysis on the Website or to send out email updates about the Website or our products and services.
- With Our Third Party Distributors, Resellers and Installers. We share your personal information with our third party distributors, resellers and installers when you indicate an interest in our products, request quotes or submit other product-related inquiries. When you request a quote or contact us to purchase our products and services, you direct us to provide, and consent to our providing, your personal information (including but not limited to name, address, email address, phone number, the length and width of your home, how many stories your home has, total square footage, roof square footage, current monthly electric bill, the goal of your purchase and any other information you may choose to provide), to our third party distributors, resellers and installers.
- For Legal Purposes. We also may share information that we collect from users as needed to enforce our rights, protect our property or protect the rights, property or safety of others, or as needed to support external auditing, compliance and corporate governance functions. We will disclose personal information as we deem necessary to respond to a subpoena, regulation, binding order of a data protection agency, legal process, governmental request or other legal or regulatory process. We may also share personal information as required to pursue available remedies or limit damages we may sustain.
- Changes of Control. We may transfer or assign information, including your personal information, in connection with a merger, acquisition, reorganization, liquidation, change in control or other sale by or of us or any affiliated entity (in each case whether in whole or in part).
Do Not Track
The Website does not currently take any action when it receives a Do Not Track request. Do Not Track is a privacy preference that you can set in your web browser to indicate that you do not want certain information about your webpage visits collected across websites when you have not interacted with that service on the page. For details, including how to turn on Do Not Track, visit www.donottrack.us.
SunStyle uses reasonable security measures designed to prevent unauthorized intrusion to the Website and the alteration, acquisition or misuse of personal information. However, the security of information transmitted over the internet cannot be guaranteed. It is your responsibility to protect the security of your login information, including any passwords.
We do not knowingly collect or maintain personal information from any person under the age of 13. No parts of the Website are directed to or designed to attract anyone under the age of 13.
Third Party Privacy Policies
California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, you have additional rights under California Civil Code Section 1798.83 (“Shine the Light”) and the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”).
Under Shine the Light, California residents with whom we have an established business relationship are entitled to request and receive, free of charge, once per calendar year, information about the customer information we shared, if any, with other businesses for their own direct marketing uses in the previous calendar year. To request a copy, please contact us at email@example.com. Please be aware that not all information sharing is covered by Shine the Light requirements and only information on covered sharing will be included in our response.
Under the CCPA, California residents (“consumers”) have the right to:
- Request that a business that collects a consumer’s personal information disclose the categories and specific pieces of personal information that the business has collected; the categories of sources from which the personal information is collected; the business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling personal information; the categories of personal information that the business disclosed about the consumer for a business purpose; the categories of third parties with whom the business shares personal information; and if the business sells personal information, the categories of personal information that the business sold about the consumer and the categories of third parties to whom the personal information was sold, by category or categories of personal information for each third party to whom the personal information was sold..
- Request that a business delete any personal information about the consumer that a business has collected.
- Request that a business that sells a consumer’s personal information, not to sell the consumer’s personal information.
- Not be discriminated against for exercising any of the rights above.
To submit a verifiable consumer request, you will be asked to provide certain information to help us verify your identity. The information we ask you to provide to initiate a request may differ depending upon the type of request, the type, sensitivity and value of the personal information that is the subject of the request, and the risk of harm to you that may occur as a result of unauthorized access or deletion, among other factors. We may also require you to provide a written declaration that you are who you say you are.
If you maintain an account with us, we will verify your identity for a request through the normal account authentication process, meaning you will need to sign on with your username and password.
If we cannot verify your identity to make the request, we will not be able to comply with your request. We will inform you if we cannot verify your identity. We will only use personal information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor’s identity to make the request.
You may submit a request as frequently as you would like, but we are not required to respond to requests to provide personal information to you more than twice in any 12-month period. You may make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child. You may also designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf by providing the agent with signed written permission to do so.
|Identifiers||Name, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, or other similar identifiers.||
|Categories listed in the California Customer Records statute||Name, signature, address, telephone number, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, or other financial information.|
|Commercial information||Commercial information, including records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.|
|Internet or similar network activity||Internet or other electronic network activity information, including, but not limited to, browsing history, search history, and information regarding a consumer’s interaction with an Internet Web site, application, or advertisement.|
|Inferences||Inferences drawn from any personal information to create a profile about a consumer reflecting the consumer’s preferences, characteristics, and behavior.|
SunStyle collects the categories of personal information described above from you, directly and indirectly, when you visit the Website, contact us through the Website’s Contact or Contact Us page, make a purchase of our products and services
[or register for an account]
SunStyle may share such personal information as described in the section titled “Sharing of Information” above.
SunStyle does not sell personal information for monetary consideration. However, as described in the “Advertising Partners Privacy Policies” section above, SunStyle may use third party vendors to provide website analytics and digital advertising services. The collection of data by these vendors through third-party cookies for SunStyle’s website analytics and targeted advertising purposes may be considered a “sale” under the CCPA. Accordingly, if you would like to opt out of the placement of third-party cookies for these purposes, you may manage your cookie preferences for your specific browser type as instructed in the following links:
SunStyle does not sell the personal information of minors under the age of 16.
GDPR Data Protection Rights
With respect to “personal data” as defined by Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (“GDPR”) that you may provide to us through the Website, we serve as the “controller.”
We provide the Website from servers located in the United States. If you are accessing the Website from the European Union, we will only transfer your personal data to the United States through the use of appropriate safeguards. We process personal data to pursue our legitimate business interest to operate the Website, provide our products and services and as described in the section titled “How we use your information” above. To learn more about with whom we share your personal information please refer to the section titled “Sharing of Information” above.
We will retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfill the purpose for which it was collected, or as required by applicable laws or regulation. Copies of information that you have updated, modified, or deleted will remain in our systems if applicable law requires us to retain it.
We would also like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights under the GDPR. You may be entitled to the following:
- The right to access – You have the right to request copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
- The right to rectification – You have the right to request that we correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request that we complete the information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure – You have the right to request that we erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability – You have the right to request that we transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at the contact information provided below. You also have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
250 Alice Street Wheeling IL 60090
Notification of Changes